North Bergen’s Department of Public Works (DPW) has been working hard to prep and clear the streets since before the snow began to fall. Also out in the storm keeping the township safe are employees from the Parking Authority, the Office of Emergency Management (OEM), the Police Department, and others.
With the snow once again falling heavily, residents are urged to avoid any unnecessary driving and remember the following:
- Park as close to the curb as possible and away from the corners in order to facilitate street cleaning and allow the DPW and police to effectively perform their jobs.
- For emergencies during the storm, call 911. The DPW is available 24/7 at 201-392-2128.
- Street sweeping as well as residential and metered parking enforcement are suspended on Wednesday and will remain suspended until further notice.
- All appointments for bulk and metal garbage pick-ups have been cancelled through Friday, March 9 and will resume on Monday, March 12.
- All sidewalks must be cleared of snow 12 hours after the storm ends.
- Do not toss snow in the street; this interferes with street cleaning and is a violation that may result in a summons.
The township will continue to post updates on our Facebook and Twitter pages throughout the storm and the cleanup afterward. Be sure to like and follow us to receive timely updates on conditions and emergency information you need to know.