The North Bergen Police Department is partnering up with the Union City Police Department to hold a D.W.I. Checkpoint within the township limits on the night before Thanksgiving, Wednesday Nov. 22, 2017. The operation hopes to eliminate intoxicated drivers on the road and help keep local residents safe.
The night before Thanksgiving is known to be one of the biggest nights out of the year. Those who will be out celebrating are advised to follow these few tips:
- Designate a driver who will not drink alcohol.
- Take public transportation or use a taxi service.
- If traveling on foot ask a sober friend to drive you to your doorstep.
- If possible spend the night where the activity is held.
- Report impaired or aggressive drivers to local law enforcement officers.
- Remember to always buckle up regardless of where you are seated in a vehicle.