Welcome to the Township of North Bergen's Assessor's office. We are available to the public on a daily schedule. Assessing is governed by statutes through the State of New Jersey Division of Taxation. They have the authority over "certified assessors" and their certificates. Assessors have the responsibility of maintaining fair assessments to taxpayers and equitable assessments for the municipality.
Our office will assist in the filing of deduction and exemption forms with valid information.
- Senior Citizen - $250.00 deduction
- Veteran - $250.00 deduction
- Widow of veteran - $250.00 deduction
- Widow of senior - $250.00 deduction
- Disabled person - $250.00 deduction
- Totally disabled veteran
- Church and charitable organization
To View Property Tax Assessments
- Go to njactb.org (New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards).
- Left click on Records Search.
- Under Tax Records Search, select Hudson County and North Bergen.
- Under Search Criteria, type in either property location, owner's name or block & lot identifiers.
- To process, click on Submit Search.
- Claim for Property Tax Exemption (DVSSE) on Dwelling House of Disabled Veteran or Surviving Spouse/Civil Union or Domestic Partner of Disabled Veteran or Serviceperson
- Claim for Real Property Tax Deduction on Dwelling House of Qualified New Jersey Resident Senior Citizen, Disabled Person, or Surviving Spouse/Surviving Civil Union Partner